Crash Course Outline
- Pregnancy anatomy & terminology
- Labour overview - stages and phases of labour
- Getting your baby in the best position for labour and birth
- Stress and its effects on labour
- Signs of labour
- Understanding pain in labour
- Natural childbirth (first stage)
- Labour support - comfort measures, relaxation and positions for labour
- Pain management options
- Making informed decisions
- Birth plans
- Birth of the baby and placenta (second and third stages)
- Newborn procedures and appearances
- Cesarean birth
- Postpartum physical recovery
- What to expect the first few weeks
- Emotional aspects including Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders
- Baby care - changing diapers, bathing, umbilical cord care, etc.
- Attachment parenting: safe co-sleeping, babywearing, etc.
- Course evaluations
"Classes are very informative, unbiased, relevant and well-structured"